09 January 2013

Craft Room Redo... Floor

When I found these beautiful wood floors in the closet I immediately wanted to tear up all the carpet to see the treasure underneath. The downstairs was built in the 60's and we weren't real sure what we would find under there. So I tried not to get my hopes up, but...   
Just the thought of having wood floors in my craft room was pretty exciting. 
Chad however could not understand WHY!!! I would want to tear out perfectly, good, brand new carpet for old wood floors.


This is what we found! :)

I was in love and couldn't understand WHY!!! someone would have EVER have covered these up. They did need some TLC, but were in really good shape.
 
Chad wanted to put the carpet back... I think it was because he knew who would have to do most of the work :)

We spent a week just on the floors... sanded, cleaned, sanded some more, polyed, screened, polyed, and cleaned again.



But the end result was completely worth it.

And Chad has decided that once again... I was right :)

I wonder if I can convince him to do the rest of the house now!!!

I better just work on finishing this first. Still need to finish painting....
And then I have to figure out HOW I am getting ALL of this back in there... 
I also have a sewing table to get built, and furniture on the front porch that needs to be redone. I will post more as we get it done.

No comments: